Welcome!

Welcome and thanks for stopping by Project Hindsight. I am on a mission to collect a tiny fraction of the endless wealth of hard-won wisdom and insight that only comes from experience. I encourage you to share your stories so we may all laugh, cry, celebrate and mourn together and see that we are not alone in this great, treacherous journey . Experience, in hindsight, truly is 20/20.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Project Hindsight Needs Your Help!

Welcome to Project Hindsight! 

 I need your help compiling advice, personal accounts, stories, anything really that could be used to show that knowledge and wisdom come from experiences. Good or bad. Try to imagine that you could go back in time to particularly bad, or wonderful, experience in your life. What would you tell yourself? What words of wisdom would you impart on your past self having come through the other side of that experience. What would you tell a friend or a stranger who is experiencing a personal tragedy that you have lived through, a challenge that you have faced, a wonderful experience that they may never live again? This past year and a half has been an especially difficult one for me and I really could have used an extreme life change reference guide throughout this bumpy ride. I’m sure I’m not the first, or last, to feel this way and the most comfort I’ve received has been from hearing stories of how others made it through similar situations. I will only be able to do this with the help of others. I have made a list of topics; feel free to say as much or as little as you would like or to add categories of your own.  

And please share this with others. I will only be able to complete my project if many people participate. Your contributions will be completely anonymous. Thanks in advance. I want to share collective experiences to give support, hope, encouragement, and a good laugh to others. Tell me the things that you wish someone had told you before you faced whatever it was head on.

Your participation means the world to me!

Please send completed submissions to: hindsightproject@gmail.com

What words of wisdom or advice would you give a person who is about to experience the following life experiences? Please feel free to expound, tell stories, share quotes, rant, vent, etc.
1.       Marriage-
2.       Divorce-
3.       Being a parent (or not)-
4.       Being a child (as an adult or youth)-
5.       Job loss-
6.       College-
7.       Teen years-
8.       Young adult/college years-
9.       Growing up-
10.   Deciding what to do “when you grow up”-
11.   Dating-
12.   Military experience (from any perspective)-
13.   Family (whether nuclear or otherwise)-
14.   Pets-
15.   Loss of a loved one-
16.   Substance abuse-
17.   Physical/emotional/sexual abuse-
18.  Illness or injury- 
19.  Anything else in the world that you would like to share 

No comments:

Post a Comment